NRC In West Bengal Online – Amit Shah Responsible for Creating Panic Among People in State on NRC | NRC Required Document List and Eligibility | Check All Important Facts and Features of WB NRC
NRC In West Bengal 2019-2020
The staunch opposition, Union Home Minister Amit Shah will visit West Bengal on Tuesday to clarify his party and the National Civil Register (NRC) as well as the Centre’s stand on the Citizenship Amendment Bill.While there remains a dispute between the state government of the Bharatiya Janata Party (Trinamool Congress) and the Trinamool Congress (TMC) in West Bengal, Shah, who has repeated the requirement of the All India NRC several times, is unlikely. To wander from your stand.
West Bengal NRC All Details
The National Register of Citizens is known as the NRC. The NRC is a register maintained by the Government of India. The register contains the name, address and other necessary details of the entire official citizen, which are properly kept at one place. The register contains only the names of those who were present in India before the year 1951 and according to the government, only these people are actual residents of the country. It was first drafted in 1951. But since 1951, the NRC has not yet been updated across India. However, the NRC list has been updated in the year of 2018 for the state of Assam.
Benefits Of NRC in West Bengal 2019
- First, the NRC will be updated for the whole of India in the coming year and for the state of Assam in the year 2018.
- The NRC will eliminate those who are living illegally in our country who have no residency proof.
- It will also help the common citizens of the states to fulfill their rights and duties judicially.
- This would prevent many illegal citizens from enjoying rights and committing illegal activities in the state.
Registration For NRC in West Bengal
As Union Minister Shri Amit Shah has announced that NRC updation will take place in West Bengal soon. However, the registration dates for updation of NRC have not been finalized and no further notice has been implemented.
Eligibility To Get Registered In NRC in West Bengal
- People whose names appear in the 1951 NRC list People whose names appear in any voter list till 24 March 1971 .
- Descendants of any of these people are mentioned.
- Those who came on January 1, 1966 or before March 25, 1971 or from any other region and registered themselves with the Foreigners
- Registration Regional Officer (FRRO) and were declared Indian citizens by the Foreign Tribunal
- D’voters may apply to include their name in the updated NRC.
- However, their names will be included only when the appropriate foreign tribunal declares them non-foreign.
- Citizens who can list any documents issued by midnight of 24 March 1971 in the list of documents acceptable for citizenship.
- Get complete list of NRC documents.